Meditation can help you live a longer & happier life
If you’ve been hearing a lot about meditation as of late, its for a good reason; it’s actually really good for you.
Some benefits you can expect to see after you have gotten into the groove of meditation:
❤️Better stress management
🧡Decreased brain fog, better focus
💛Better quality of sleep
💙Enhances self awareness
💜May even help with reducing age-related memory loss
The best part? You can do it anywhere.
1. Sit or lie comfortably with your eyes closed (in a quiet space, or use headphones if no quiet space is available); use pillows or cushions to make your space more comfy.
2. Begin by taking a nice slow inhale through your nose (trying to fill your belly with air), and exhaling through your mouth.
3. Focus your attention on your breathing; if you start to feel your mind wandering (on your to-do list, an important meeting, what you’re having for dinner, etc.) just bring your focus back on your breathing.
4. Take note of how the rest of your body is feeling; are your shoulders tense? Do you feel yourself chest breathing? If so, remind yourself to just relax your body, and focus on your belly breathing.
5. Set a timer for 3-5 minutes to start. Once you feel more comfortable, increase the time. There is no such thing as too long or too short.
A great app that we recommend is Insight Timer. On it you will find tons of guided meditations, as well as the option to set a timer with background music for a free meditation.
If you'd like to learn more about meditation, check out the links below for more info: